FAQs – BA (HONS.) GOVERNMENT & ADMINISTRATION
ADMISSION OPEN 2021-22
MIT World Peace University (MIT-WPU), with a legacy of more than 4 decades of educating the nation’s youth, is more committed than ever to the all-round development of our students. We manage this by concentrating on not only the mental development of our students but also their physical and spiritual development as well. Using our enormous accumulation of experience teaching more than 100,000 alumni, we have devised our renowned WPU teaching method which stresses experiential learning along with academic learning, yoga and meditation courses, numerous sporting activities and multiple clubs and cultural events to cater to any developmental need faced by our students. Not only that, but MIT – WPU prides itself in its dynamic and continuously updated curriculum which ensures that the requirements of the industry and the latest in technological developments are reflected in what our students learn.
This holistic development ensures a 360 degree growth in our students, enhancing their social and leadership abilities as well as their ability to withstand, indeed shine, in the modern stressful working environment. This leads to an enhancement in their professional and personal lives. MIT –WPU is more committed than ever to create ‘future ready’ students, who are responsible global citizens so that they may aid whatever organization and society they belong to and through this unique blend of pedagogy and personal growth usher in a global era of peace and harmony.
For details, kindly refer https://schoolofpublicpolicy.mitwpu.edu.in/why-mit-wpu/
Which approvals do we have?
Established as a state private university in the year 2017, MIT-WPU is recognized by the UGC and the Govt. of Maharashtra. Our BA GA Degree Program has been duly approved by the UGC.
When was the program launched?
The BAGA program was launched under MIT-WPU’s School of Public Policy in the year 2019. Currently, it is the third year of our academic program.
What is the eligibility criteria for BA (Hons) Government and Administration?
- 50% in 10+2 / 12th / HSC examination from any stream (OR)
- 50% in three years Diploma of Board of Technical Education (OR) having passed its equivalent examination with 50% marks in aggregate (45% in case of candidates of backward class categories and Persons with Disability)
- Students who will be appearing for HSC (10+2) from any stream OR the Final Year Diploma of Board of Technical Education (after 10th) in the current academic year (AY 20 – 21) are also eligible to apply.
Non-Resident Indians and PIOs
- 50% in 10+2 / 12th / HSC Examination from any stream with 50% marks in aggregate (OR) its equivalent examination in any stream with 50% marks in aggregate
Do you have a separate entrance exam?
1. Eligible Applicants will be selected on an interview basis. The objective of interview is to assess the applicants for their aptitude and inclination towards competitive examinations (e.g. UPSC Civil Services Examination
2. The candidates who will be appearing for their HSC or the final year Diploma exam in the current Academic Year will be offered a Provisional Admission, which will be confirmed post submission of a valid HSC / Final Year Diploma Marksheet.
What is the duration of this program?
Ans. 3 years.
Why do I select this program as a career option?
- BA Hons (Government & Administration) or BAGA is a unique 3-years degree program that improves readiness of students for competitive examinations in general and the UPSC Civil Services (IAS) Examination in particular.
- The syllabus of BAGA has been carefully crafted and benchmarked against an evolving competitive examination scenario in India. Designed and developed under the guidance of eminent civil servants, our pedagogy of learning has been tailor made to build a strong foundation of students for the Union and the State Public Service Examinations (e.g. MPSC, RPSC, MPPSC, UPPSC etc).
- It’s a highly bespoke program, trained and delivered by eminent pra-cademicians (i.e. Practitioner – Academicians), who would utilise their experiential learning of competitive examinations and civil services to add value to our students.
- It offers a blend of interactive learning methods, introducing concepts of experiential learning, debates and critical analysis techniques to enable the BAGA students propel themselves towards a glorious career in public life.
How BA (Hons.) (Government and Administration) program is different from other BA degree programs?
- BA Hons (Government & Administration) or BAGA is a unique 3-years degree program that improves readiness of students for competitive examinations in general and the UPSC Civil Services (IAS) Examination in particular. The syllabus of BAGA has been carefully crafted to build a strong foundation of students for the Union and the State Public Service Examinations (e.g. MPSC, RPSC, MPPSC, UPPSC etc). Hence, BAGA program would provide exposure to students to a variety of social science subjects, including but not limited to, History, Geography, Polity, Economy, Sociology, Public Administration etc.
- BAGA Degree program also focuses on the experiential, facilitative and case study method of learning whereby the students are exposed to a participative mode of learning. The highlights are –
- Interaction with Eminent Bureaucrats, Political Leaders, Social Activists, Academicians, Media persons and Legal Practitioners.
- Practical inputs will be in the form of a lot of field assignments like – projects on social causes.
What are the future prospects for students at BA (Hons.) Government and Administration?
We are mindful of the career support needed by our students, and MIT-WPU’s School of Public Policy would conduct handholding of students throughout their journey of BAGA. MIT-WPU has a strong relationship with 650+ industries and has signed MOUs with various government establishments. We would also support the students for a) Campus Placement, b) Entrepreneurship Development and c) Pursuing Higher Studies.
The career prospects for the students who graduate from MIT-WPU BA (Hons.) Government and Administration are excellent.
- It builds a strong foundation for the UPSC civil services aspirants.
- It also imparts necessary knowledge and skills to improve readiness of students for other competitive examinations, such as state public services examinations, banking and railway examinations and the other govt recruitment examinations.
- Students of this course can also look forward to work in areas of creative thinking and policy research with leading consultancy houses or policy think tanks.
- Various multi-lateral organisations such as the United Nations look for candidates with a reasonable understanding of governance as their interns. During BAGA, students will be encouraged to apply for internship with the Niti Ayog and other relevant institutions, which will provide strong foundation of students for taking up international opportunities.
- The course also opens vistas for entrepreneurship as Functional Advisors, Policy Researchers, Project Management Consultants, CSR consultants etc. Several leading corporate houses having social wings are interested in recruiting people with this kind of exposure. A career in NGOs as Consultant or at the Advisory level is also a very good option.
Approx. 100 hours of training for the BAGA students in an academic year is conducted by current or former civil servants. In the last year, approx. 20+ civil servants and 10+ political leaders delivered invited talks at MIT-WPU, which were attended by BAGA students. The eminent guests included,
1. Pradeep Singh, IAS TOPPER UPSC CSE 2019
2. Pratibha Verma, IAS AIR 3 UPSC CSE 2019
3. Mandar Patki, IAS (MAHARASHTRA TOPPER) AIR 22 UPSC CSE 2019
What are the documents to be submitted along with the Application Form?
The Candidate is required to produce following original documents on the day of entrance examination.
- Educational Certificates
- ID Proof.
The following self-attested documents are to be submitted on the day of joining-
- Mark sheet (10th Std.)
- HSC Mark sheet (12th Std.)
- Transfer / Leaving Certificate / Migration after graduation (original)
- Photo Identity Proof– (Voter’s ID/Driving License/PAN Card/ Passport/Adhaar Card)
- Permanent address Proof- (Ration card/Passport/Electricity Bill/Telephone Bill/Property tax Bill)
- Affidavit in case of change in Name. (if applicable)
The candidates who will be appearing for their HSC or the final year Diploma exam in the current Academic Year will be offered a Provisional Admission, which will be confirmed post submission of a valid HSC / Final Year Diploma Marksheet.
MIT-WPU’s School of Public Policy is committed to nurturing future-ready policy makers under the aegis of its Undergraduate Program, BA Honors (Government and Administration) and the Postgraduate Program (PGP) in Public Policy.
S.No.124, Paud Road, Kothrud, Pune, 411038
Contact: +91 020-67473400
Contact: 020 – 7117 7104 / 020 – 7117 7105