Faculty of BA-GA
ADMISSION OPEN 2021-22
- Former Indian Police Service Officers, with over two decades of experience as a software
engineer, public servant, and corporate cyber security professional.
- An accomplished thought leader and trainer of senior law enforcement officials and higher
- Trained and mentored various UPSC rank holders, who have been holding illustrious
positions as civil servants in different geographies of the world.
- During BAGA, Prof Patil would conduct sessions on Public Policy, Ethics, Answer Writing,
Essays and Interview Techniques.
- Holds master’s degrees in Science (MSc Electronics) and Humanities (MA Political Science) & currently pursuing PhD in Disaster Management at Tata Institute of Social Sciences, Mumbai.
- Carries a decade long experience of mentoring and guiding students for Competitive Examinations in general and the UPSC Civil Services Examination in particular.
- Prof Wamane was actively engaged in border State outreach activity in Arunachal Pradesh (Pasighat, Naharlagun & Tawang) and UT of J&K (Kulgaum) as part of youth training program for various competitive examination.
- During BAGA, Prof Wamane would conduct sessions on Indian Polity, International Relations, Indian Society and Geography. He would also lead the mentoring exercise during the students’ academic journey at School of Public Policy.
- A master’s degree holder in history, having a keen interest in Indian Mythology.
- Since 2015, he has been a regular column writer in newspapers and magazines on several issues involving competitive examinations.
- He is a popular teacher and has mentored over a thousand students for UPSC and state service examinations.
- During BAGA, Prof Shete would conduct sessions on Indian History, Arts and Culture, Governance, Essay Writing and Environmental Science.
- An accomplished medical professional, and a fellow of Indian School of Public Policy, with a decade long experience of mentoring students for various competitive examinations.
- Dr Bondre carries a rich experience of leading social initiatives in Leh-Ladakh and Arunachal Pradesh, along with students. He spearheaded a training camp for youth from Kulgam and Shopian districts, and extensively worked in Kulgam in Kashmir Valley during militancy and stone-pelting to engage with violence-affected youth.
- During BAGA, Dr Bondre would conduct sessions on economics, public policy, science and technology, essay and current affairs.
- Prof Deshmukh is pursuing a master’s degree in Economics and Sociology, and carries over five years of experience in the arena of competitive services as an academician, mentor and policy practitioner, with a multi-disciplinary approach towards development of pedagogy for students appearing for UPSC – Civil Service Examinations.
- His areas of expertise include sociology, economics, Indian Politics, Science and Public Policy.
- A master’s degree holder in history, and a proponent of Interdisciplinary studies approach.
- Prof Galgale leverages the experience as faculty of MBA to develop student’s management skills, public speaking and personality development during the mentoring sessions.
- A ardent Environment studies enthusiast.
- During BAGA, Prof Galgale would conduct sessions on History, Environment & Ecology, Interview Techniques.
- A master’s degree holder in Political Science & is pursuing master’s in Philosophy. She loves photography and watching World Cinema.
- Prof Kale was associated as an intern with the Government of Delhi’s “Change Maker in Education” program and leverages it in the domain of Public Policy understanding.
- During BAGA, Prof Kale would conduct sessions on Political Thought, Policy Research & Analysis and Indian Politics.
- A practicing academician with deep insights in competitive examination preparation and mentoring.
- Recommended as Tahasildar (Group A) in Government of Maharashtra, leveraging the experience for students benefit.
- During BAGA, Prof Raut will conduct sessions on Indian Governance and Ethics in Public Administration.
- Prof Gowande is an ecologist by training, broadly interested in reptilian taxonomy, systematics, phylogenetics and behaviour. He has described multiple species of reptiles from India and have revised the taxonomy of a few Indian species.
- During BAGA, Prof Gowande will conduct sessions on Research Methodology, Biology (S&T) and Environment & Ecology.
Professors of Practice
- Jadhav is a noted Economist, Educationist, Academic, Administrator.
- He is a prolific writer and has to his credit 41 books, 300 research papers and article and 31 official reports.
- He has held distinguished positions which includes Member-Planning Commission; Vice-Chancellor of Savitribai Phule Pune University; adviser at International Monetary Fund (IMF), and Chief Economist at Reserve Bank of India.
- Jadhav is a celebrated public figure and a recipient of 70 National and International awards for his contribution in fields of literature, economics, education, culture and social work.
- Shri Zagade has an enriching journey of more than three decades with deep insights into diverse subjects ranging from research and development, Public & Corporate Administration, Rural & Urban Development, Sustainability & Environment Protection, Education, Agri-processing , Finance, Transport etc to name a few.
- During BAGA, Shri Zagade will be engaging and mentoring students with experience of Public Policy, Leadership and Change Management.
- A graduate in Mechanical Engineering and obtained M.Tech. and Ph.D. degrees from IIT Delhi.
- Dr Agrawal was instrumental in reforms at UPSC-CSE exam pattern, with a deep insight into evolving an examination for future ready officers to serve country.
- Highly respected public speaker and has articulated issues of innovation, quality education, public services, and Information technology for the development of the common man.
- Bhagwat is instrumental for the highly successful #BeyondCallOfDuty initiative, to guide and mentor UPSC candidates through the WhatsApp group, has led to selection of many aspirants.
- Recipient of US Department of State “2017 ‘Trafficking in Persons Heroes Award’, given to eight persons selected across the globe, for their contribution to fight against sexual harassment and human trafficking.
- During BAGA, Shri Bhagwat will extend the experiential learning and mentoring students in domains of Governance and developing skills for appearing for UPSC-Civil Services Personality Test.
- A practitioner academician known for mentoring Civil Services Aspirants across the country and actively engaged in guiding students from Arunachal Pradesh and J&K.
- Known for her on-field experience sharing in areas of governance and was commended with Certificate of Appreciation for her contribution during COVID lockdown.
- During BAGA, Ms. Bankar will mentor students and hold sessions on Indian Governance, Social Sectors initiatives etc.
MIT-WPU’s School of Public Policy is committed to nurturing future-ready policy makers under the aegis of its Undergraduate Program, BA Honors (Government and Administration) and the Postgraduate Program (PGP) in Public Policy.
S.No.124, Paud Road, Kothrud, Pune, 411038
Contact: +91 020-67473400
Contact: 020 – 7117 7104 / 020 – 7117 7105